Lekki Pearl August Development Update
1. WTF USA ARRIVE NIGERIA TO RUN FIRST SET OF FORMS; ORGANIZE TRAINING SESSION
Wall Tiles Forms, USA, the company who manufactured the formworks is to set up the first set of show houses as a matter of policy. The representative of the company has since arrived Nigeria and has commenced the actual assembling of the forms with a prior training session organized of the contractors as well as other vendors on site.
Training Session in progress
2. ASSEMBLING OF FORM WORKS COMMENCE
With the completion of the installation of the wire/wall mesh in preparation for the actual setting up of the form works as well the training session, the full installation of the formworks has commenced.
It is imperative at this point to point out the importance and features of the form work technology being adopted in the construction process. Some of these include:
- SPEED: A regular construction work on a unit of housing unit, with all necessary contributing factors in place will take a minimum of 35 - 40weeks. Adopting the formwork technology will however speed up the process to a maximum of 2 -3 weeks. This is however subject to the level of professionalism involved. With the right quality and quantity of skill sets required, the construction process to deliver a carcass unit will take a lesser period of time.
- QUALITY: The aesthetics of any housing unit matters in reaching the maximum level of utility desired. The adoption of the form work technology gives room for the maximum level of precision required in engineering process. The quality of work done in terms of having straight lines where necessary and having uniformed risers on the stairs amongst other tiny details will be on a high pedestal.
- ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLINESS: The use of wooden planks, which is a major component in the conventional construction process, is completely unnecessary in the form work process thereby reducing deforestation. AMDC is keeping to its commitment to preserving our environment by adopting the Aluminium systems which are re-usable over a thousand times.
- MEP WORKS: Judging by the use of multi-layer pipes as well as Henco pipes, the risk of leakages in the pipes already buried in the walls is eliminated. The quality of material to be used will ensure long capital appreciation and increased value for money.
3. CASTING OF HOUSING UNITS COMMENCES
With the complete setting up of the ground floor of one unit of terrace house, the casting, i.e. the concrete pour has since been done. To this end, the ground floor as well as the stair well has been fully constructed. As emphasized earlier, it will be noticed from the pictures attached that the risers of each stair is to perfect precision.
Assembling of the upper floor has commenced while the ground floor of the next housing unit is also in the process of being assembled.
Setting up of the ground floor of unit 2
SITE UPDATE IN PHOTOGRAPHS
|Initial stage of the assembling process||Assembling of the ground floor|
|Completed deck panel||Fully decked unit|
|Initial stage of the assembling process|
4. GROHE TO INSTALL FAUCET ITEMS IN SHOW HOUSE
AMDC and Grohe are set to showcase their collaborative master piece in the Lekki Pearl Show house. Grohe is the world’s largest faucet company and AMDC is proud to be associated with such a brand thereby lifting the game in the Nigeria real estate space and ensuring value for money
5. CONSTRUCTION OF THE SHOW HOUSE
While we take responsibility for changes in the date of the delivery for the show house, we wish assure you that the project is very well on course and we are working towards the delivery date we had earlier communicated, which is still December 2015.
6. SANDFILLING OF THE SITE CONTINUES
Referring to the details provided- with respect to the foundation works of another block of housing which commenced earlier, we can report that the ground beam reinforcement is already at full completion stage and the sand filling of the in-beam has also been completed. The starter bars placement of same is however at 65% completion stage.
The access road to the site is still motorable despite the rains and various works as well as series of load bearing tests are still being done.
Continuation of the sand filling process